MUSE Membership Committee Membership Agreement
The Membership Committee has these responsibilities:
- To raise awareness regarding the value of MUSE with a full range of MEDITECH users and others who can benefit from MUSE and what MUSE can offer.
- To support the MUSE Strategic Plan and acts upon initiatives coming from that plan.
- To build positive, productive relationships and a presence for MUSE with organizations that can benefit from and/or support the MUSE mission.
- To represent the MUSE members by advising the MUSE Board and other MUSE committees on actions supporting the membership.
- To liaise with other MUSE committees to promote the membership and any initiatives supporting the membership.
The committee is chaired by a MUSE Board member and a number of volunteers from various MUSE member facilities.
Committee member pre-requisites:
- Significant experience with the MEDITECH system(s).
- Experience in peer networking in the MEDITECH/MUSE community.
Additionally, in determining the composition of the committee, consideration may also be given to volunteers’ areas of expertise, geographic location, and/or facility size and type.
A term on the Membership Committee is two years, with an option to reapply for one additional two-year term.
Responsibilities of a committee member:
- Work to attain the membership goals.
- Formalize the MUSE membership recruitment process.
- Review the membership structure for possible modifications to promote, entice, and/or retain membership.
- Participate in monthly/bi-monthly conference calls.
- Attend the International MUSE conference and assist in areas as needed (ex. staffing the MUSE booth).
- Continue supporting activities for the annual MUSE conference such as the MUSE Booth, volunteers, first-time attendee program, etc.
For fulfilling the above responsibilities, MUSE offers:
- Complimentary registration to the annual MUSE conference and any other events where you participate/present.
- Travel costs to the annual MUSE conference if pre-set committee goals are achieved.
- The appreciation of your peers and recognition as a member of MUSE Membership leadership.
The Membership Committee Chair is responsible for ensuring that committee members’ responsibilities are met. In the event that the Chair identifies unmet expectations of a committee member, after discussion with the member, consequences may include withdrawal of offer for event expense reimbursement, withdrawal of a complimentary event registration, and/ or a request to resign from the committee.