The core of MUSE International consists of the educational opportunities provided to its membership. As a MUSE member, you have the unique position to contribute to this element of the organization.
- Recruit speakers to present at MUSE Events or webinars
- Offer your facility to host a MUSE Event.
- Give your time to help organize a MUSE Event.
- Provide ideas about hot topics; present or develop a MUSE Event centered around the topic.
- Write an article for the MUSE Matters blog.
CHECK OUT THE HOT TOPICS FIRST ON MUSE WEBINARS!
Webinars are a web-based conference that includes a presentation via the internet or telephone. This format is much more economical than traditional meetings, for obvious reasons, but it also allows one to attend a session from the comfort of one’s own office, or conference room.
MUSE provides webcasts highlighting pertinent, relevant issues and themes impacting healthcare professionals working within the MEDITECH atmosphere. Webinars also feature participant and presenter interaction through live Q&A after the presentation and live chat during the session. These tools enhance the webinar to bring the ‘networking’ feel to the virtual environment.
If you have not participated in a MUSE webinar, you are not fully benefitting from your MUSE membership. Emails are regularly sent announcing upcoming webinars. Also, if you are considering presenting at a face-to-face meeting, consider a webinar as a great outlet to practice your presentation skills. Many presenters thoroughly enjoy the webinar format to hone their techniques.
WHAT DOES MUSE PROVIDE TO SUPPORT AN EVENT?
- Advertising/Promotion - All MUSE Event advertising materials can be created and distributed by MUSE.
- Logistics - Event materials, such as nametags, handouts, programs, folders, etc., can be prepared and managed by MUSE
- MUSE is able to negotiate preferred rates for meeting spaces and hotel rooms, as well as arrange catering and audio-visual specifics.
- Registration - A user-friendly online registration system is utilized by MUSE for all events. This enables staff to actively maintain and manage attendee lists.
- Go-to-Meeting Teleconferencing - MUSE has teleconferencing lines and web-enabled meeting features (for sharing documents and such) through webinars. You will be trained on how to use this technology and provided assistance for meetings.
- Recruiting - MUSE can assist is locating professional speakers and/or volunteers for events if needed.
- Funding - Meeting expenses such as catering, meeting space, materials and audio-visual needs are generally covered by MUSE.
- Attendee fees usually offset event expenses and when applicable, MUSE may also arrange sponsorships to help fund various events.
can also be offered any time throughout the year, not just in conjunction with the conference.
As a MUSE member, opening your facility for other MUSE members to learn is mutually beneficial, as it provides a platform for you to share your successes and experiences, bringing recognition to your facility - while educating attendees who will take valuable information back to their facilities.
This format is extremely important as it demonstrates in a way that no other format can – in the actual setting where the programs and modules are in use.
ONE OF THE HIGHLIGHTS OF THE INTERNATIONAL MUSE CONFERENCE IS THE SITE VISITS THAT ARE OFFERED IN CONJUNCTION WITH THE CONFERENCE.